Details - 270 FREESTANDING LED AWNING L
***THIS IS A PRE-ORDER, ESTIMATED SHIPPING END OF FEBRUARY***
Over the course of the past two years, here at DARCHE we've delved deep into the world of design engineering, meticulously crafting and refining our latest innovation – the ground-breaking Eclipse 270 Freestanding LED Awning. We have rigorously tested and fine-tuned various design iterations and the driving force behind these extensive trials was simple – to ensure that when you step under our 270 freestanding awning, it's a product that's been put through its paces and proven to excel even before it hits the market.
DARCHE stands apart in our commitment to making awnings that have truly been put to the test, and we are the first in Australia to extensively wind-test a freestanding awning. This commitment led us to a comprehensive 30-day wind testing period, exposing our awning to a spectrum of winds ranging from gentle breezes to severe gales according to the Beaufort scale.
In our rigorous testing, the Eclipse 270 Freestanding LED Awning showcased its strength by holding up until 50km/hr o(31.07MPH!!)n its initial trial, and it withstood 34.18MPH or 55km/hr winds in the next round of testing after being repaired. The wind meter we employed for our testing was the Omega OM-CP-WIND101A wind speed data logger system, calibrated using data from the Australian Bureau of Meteorology and capable of recording wind speeds every second. For more information on the wind meter, please see here.
The Eclipse 270 Freestanding LED Awning further demonstrated its robustness by holding strong up to wind speeds of 90km/hr with the poles down and securely pegged. The remarkable part is that we were able to restore it to its full functionality post-testing. Backing up this robustness are specifically-engineered break points within the awning so in the case of failure, the awning will do so in a manner that avoids damage to your vehicle and facilitates simple repairs.
Based on results and observations gained over the wind testing period, the Eclipse 270 Freestanding LED Awning is rated to 25-30km/hr winds in freestanding mode. However, our recommendation is that it you always deploy the included poles and tie down your awning properly using pegs and guy ropes as Mother Nature is unpredictable and we want to protect your investment.
Besides its durability, the Eclipse 270 Freestanding LED Awning is also chock-full of features for your comfort and convenience, including dual-colour dimmable LED strips fully-integrated in the rafter arms and a two-piece backing plate design with a fully-enclosed transit cover, which maximises weather resistance while still retaining the ability to easily move the awning from one vehicle to another.
At DARCHE, our dedication to crafting outdoor solutions that exceed expectations is unwavering. The culmination of two years of design engineering stands before you – a testament to our commitment to innovation, excellence, and, above all, your satisfaction.
Gen 2 Awning walls perfectly complement this awning, enhancing its functionality and increases the overall coverage to 20.5m². They are available for purchase separately, and you can find them here:
- Over 2 years of development and testing
- Wind rated to 25-30 km/hr in freestanding mode
- 11.5m² of cover and the most useable shape on the market
- Fully-enclosed transit cover and two-piece backing plate design maximises weather resistance while still retaining the ability to easily move the awning from one vehicle to another
- Height-adjustable brackets suits a wide range of setup types
- X-tube aluminium alloy rafter arms, backing plate & hinges designed using state-of-the-art techniques & simulation for incredible strength & durability
- Integrated dual-colour (white and amber) dimmable LED lights on four rafter arms. (power bank not incl.)
- Additional height for headroom and water run off
- Heavy-duty 320gsm ripstop polycotton canvas with 3000mm waterhead rating
- All parts are designed to be replaceable for easy and low cost repair
- Compatible with rooftop tent awning bracket kits (T050801945 and T050801946, sold separately)
- Wall kits available (sold separately
- Freestanding Wind Rating25-30 km/hr
- Max. Head Height2600mm
- Suits Vehicle Height1400 to 2600mm
- Mount TypeSide
- Fabric Material:320gsm Ripstop Polycotton Canvas
- Frame Material:Extruded Aluminium Alloy
- Transit Cover Material:820D Polyester Oxford
- Waterhead Rating3000mm
- UPF Rating50+
- External Dimensions6000L X 4000W x 2100H mm
- Packed Dimensions2220L x 200W x 200H mm
- Coverage11.5 sqm
- Weight26.0 kg
***THIS IS A PRE-ORDER, ESTIMATED SHIPPING END OF FEBRUARY***
Shipping & frieght
Whoa Free shipping!
We offer free shipping the contiguous US for order over $199! This obviously excludes super heavy and freight items. Alaska and Hawaii are sometimes difficult, so you most likely will receive a call from us, as we may incur extra shipping fees.
All Items will be shipped as the customer chooses at checkout, and a tracking number will be provided. If there are special delivery instructions, please leave them in the notes.
All items will be properly padded and packed to minimize the risk of damage in transit. However, if a product does arrive damaged, it is up to the buyer to contact the shipper and file a claim, as all products are insured for the amount of purchase.
We do our best to calculate Freight costs at checkout, but to get the most accurate shipping costs we suggest reaching out to us in advance. Over phone or email so we can give you the spot on costs, get more delivery details and make arrangements easier.
We want you to be satisfied! By now we all know we cannot control shipping carriers and delays, but we truly do our best to get your orders as soon as possible. If you have any questions or need assistance place contact us.
GTFO is happy to offer a 30-day refund from the purchase date. Any returned product must be in new condition, in original packaging, for full refund. If a product is defective, we will defer to the manufacturer's warranty, and reach out to them on behalf of our customers. The warranty of any product purchased can be found in the product owner's manual or online.
- Buyer must supply the original sales receipt.
- All returned products must be in new condition, and in original packaging
- It is the buyer's responsibility to either bring or ship the product back to us at their cost before a refund is issued.
- We do not offer refunds on Gift cards.
- There are no refunds on sale items.
- There are no refunds on items purchased using discount codes
If the product purchased does not meet the needs of the customer, we will absolutely do our best to make it right for the customer. This may include an alternative product, or other means to create a positive experience for both the customer and ourselves.
OR just want a refund? No problem! As long as the above conditions are met, we will issue a refund. Please know that we have to charge a 3% fee on the transaction, to cover the charges that PayPal/Shopify/Mastercard charge us every time a transaction is made.
WARRANTY: For products that are being returned due to a warranty claim, GTFO will in some cases, replace the product out of dealer stock, and get credit from the manufacturer. However, in some cases, we will have to let the manufacturer of the product send a replacement.