Model: SmartSolar MPPT 150/45-Tr
Victron has been building power systems for over 45 years, and has a worldwide reputation for innovation, reliability, and quality. They serve the marine, vehicle, and off-grid markets, and are based in the Netherlands. We're hard-pressed to find anyone that matches Victron for quality.
The Victron SmartSolar MPPT 150/45-Tr updates the BlueSolar MPPT 150/45-Tr with built-in Bluetooth connectivity. This has two advantages:
• Saves space and cost over a separate Bluetooth dongle
• Allows Bluetooth access when the VE.Direct port is used to connect to a GX device like the Cerbo GX
The SmartSolar 150/45 is a great choice for controlling up to 650 watts of solar panels at 12 volts, 1300 watts at 24 volts, 1950 watts at 36 volts, or 2600 watts at 48 volts, with maximum PV open circuit voltage of 140vDC. It automatically selects between 12, 24, and 48 volts on the output (software tool needed to select 36V).
Besides great build quality and a 5-year warranty, the SmartSolar has a number of unique features:
The Victron SmartSolar MPPT 150/45 can be connected right out of the box, and a rotary switch lets you choose between 8 preset battery type profiles. More extensive configuration and monitoring is possible via the free app on your smartphone or tablet. Being able to access 30 days' worth of history, including daily yield and the amount of time spent it each stage, can be valuable for managing your energy collection and use.
The controller can also connect to:
• The Victron Color Control GX Panel, which can also connect to Victron battery chargers, inverters, and battery monitors.
• The MPPT Control remote, a dedicated monitor/control for all current Victron MPPT controllers with a VE.Direct port.
• The VE.Direct to USB Adapter, which can connect Victron MPPT controllers with VE.Direct ports to a Windows PC (details are at this page).
Outstanding maximum efficiency exceeds 98%, with no cooling fan needed. Full output current up to 40°C (104°F). Internal temperature sensor compensates absorption and float charge voltages for temperature. Electronic components are resin encapsulated to protect against the elements.