- Shipping & frieght
- Return policy
- Get help!!!
Details - Offroad Animal Grand Cherokee Roof Rack Wk2 2011-2021
Do you have gear you want/need to mount on the roof. Well have no fear, Offroad Animal has you covered.
The Wk2 Grand Cherokee has an interesting roof set up. Jeep put these 12 threaded buttons (6 per side) on the roof. Nice right. Well almost. First of all they used the front and back ones to hold the fancy channels used to take roof bars, then are held down via the 4 in the middle. Biggest
problem is they are located on a section the the roof that can't really take much weight at all. Hence why Jeep gave the roof some crappy load rating. This is because if you put more load up there you're going to damage your roof.
Then we have some roof rack manufacturers (not Offroad Animal) who mount their roof rack directly onto these buttons. Tsk Tsk, bad choice. Say hello damaged roof if you put anymore weight up there (don't forget to add the weight of the roof rack too.)
Offroad Animal has a cool system that ups the roof loading to 120kg / 264lbs dynamic * (driving) and 240kg / 528lbs static * (sitting still.) We manufacture these super slim rails that push the load to the strongest part of the roof (join of Roof and sides). Not only that but they use the rolled steel rail to join all 6 roof buttons per side for one strong system. So just like that you can up your roof loading to 264lbs. Nice right. We think so.
*Note that unlike some competitor products, our ratings are based on the roof rack installed on the roof, and they account for the structural limitations of the roof itself. The roof rack and mounting rails themselves are capable of sustaining much higher loads - but that is irrelevant ! At least we think so ...
Here is a picture of a damaged roof button from putting to much weight on the factory system.
- Carry lots of gear on your roof
- Slim line style as to not impede too much on overall height
- Largest carrying area of all competitors 72.2" x 48.6"
- Light weight rack fully made from Aluminium only weighs 48lbs, 64lbs including steel rails
- Easy mounting of accessories with square cut outs in slats allow for cup head bolt so only one tool required
- Easy to install with no drilling
- Great place to mount Roof top tents and awnings
- Will not damage your roof like some competitor racks
- Rated to 264lbs dynamic and 528lbs static (rated by independent tester, installed on the roof, with no sneaky disclaimers)
- Steel components are Zinc plated then powder coated matte black
- Aluminium components are chromate coated then powder coated matte black
- Wind deflector standard for minimal wind noise
- Works with all sun roofs
- Easy to bolt together setup with basic hand tools
- Works around shark fit antenna and not over it so no impedance on reception.
- Optional Max Trax brackets available
- Optional Awning Mount brackets available
- Optional tire carrier available
- Fits most aftermarket shovel, axe or high lift jack mounts.
This rack fits all Wk2 Grand Cherokees 2011-2021
If your WK2 does not have raised roof buttons, you can purchase a spacer kit from Offroad Animal at time of purchase by selecting the option in the cart.
Included in box:
- 1 x Roof rack side LH
- 1 x Roof rack side RH
- 5 x Roof rack panels
- 1 x Wind deflector
- 1 x LH rear panel
- 1 x RH rear panel
- 1 x Wind deflector Brace
- 1 x Rear joiner
- 1 x LH roof mount
- 1 x RH roof mount
- 3m of Pinch weld black rubber
- 2 x logo plates
- Hardware as required (nuts and bolts)
- Fitting time: 2-3 hours
- See 'Fitting' tab for downloadable installation instructions
- Fitting difficulty: 3/10
- Installed weight: 66 lbs
Flat Rate Shipping only for USA orders in the lower 48 states.
Contact us to request a quote for shipping to Hawaii, Alaska, Canada, and The Americas
Shipping & frieght
Whoa Free shipping!
We offer free shipping the continental US for order over $99! This obviously excludes super heavy and freight items.
All Items will be shipped as the customer chooses at checkout, and a tracking number will be provided. If there are special delivery instructions, please leave them in the notes.
All items will be properly padded and packed to minimize the risk of damage in transit. However, if a product does arrive damaged, it is up to the buyer to contact the shipper and file a claim, as all products are insured for the amount of purchase.
We do our best to calculate Freight costs at checkout, but to get the most accurate shipping costs we suggest reaching out to us in advance. Over phone or email so we can give you the spot on costs, get more delivery details and make arrangements easier.
We want you to be satisfied! By now we all know we cannot control shipping carriers and delays, but we truly do our best to get your orders as soon as possible. If you have any questions or need assistance place contact us.
GTFO is happy to offer a 30-day refund from the purchase date. Any returned product must be in new condition for full refund. If a product is defective, we will defer to the manufacturer's warranty, and reach out to them on behalf of our customers. The warranty of any product purchased can be found in the product owner's manual or online.
- Buyer must be able to supply original sales receipt.
- There are no refunds on sale items.
- All returned products must be in new condition, and in original packaging
- It is the buyer's responsibility to either bring or ship the product back to us, at their cost before a refund is issued.
- We do not offer refunds on Gift cards
"DON'T LIKE IT" POLICY: If it is found that the product purchased does not meet the needs of the customer, we will absolutely do our best to make it right for the customer. This may include a refund, an alternative product, or other means to create a positive experience for both the customer and ourselves.
"I CHANGED MY MIND" POLICY: So you purchased something online or in the store, and you decided it's not what you actually wanted. No problem! As long as the above conditions are met, we will issue your refund. Please know that we have to charge a 3% fee on the transaction, to cover the charges that PayPal/Shopify/Mastercard charge us every time a transaction is made.
WARRANTY: For products that are being returned due to a warranty claim, GTFO will in some cases, replace the product out of dealer stock, and get credit from the manufacturer. However, in some cases, we will have to let the manufacturer of the product send a replacement.